An imaginative and highly capable designer, with relevant design experience and a comprehension of the industry that tomorrow has in store. Covering initial research, concept visualization and sketching through to final renders and prototype models for manufacture. Ability to work as part of a team with a "get it right first time attitude", a close eye for detail and looking to develop my skills further.
- Education - University of Huddersfield
- Degree - First Honours BSc Product Design
- College - A - Level Product Design
Current Position - Product Designer
My current role involves using a board range of design techniques, from development on existing products and new innovations. General strengths involved are the use of 3D modelling, sketching, testing, reverse engineering, communication between sales and customers. My position involves lots of travelling and manufacturing testing. Creating presentations by using realistic images and communicating the idea. The key part of my job is improving my knowledge of thermoforming polymers and learning techniques used to form new products.
See below for the design software I'm familiar with, however I'm always keeping up to date with the latest trends in software to deliver the best solution.
- Dassault Systems Solidworks
- Autodesk 3D Studio Max
- Luxion Key Shot
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Dassault Systems DraftSight
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe InDesign
Work Experience 2010 - 2018
Linpac Packaging - Product Designer
• Created new products
• General manufacturing around extrusion & thermoforming
• Strong use of Solidworks, technical drawings, surfacing & renderings
• 3D development CGI & animations, realistic renders
• Presenting concepts to customers
• Use of sketching, Photoshop skills and creating presentations
Woodlands Sheds Ltd - Leeds - Head of Design
• New product development & branding
• General improvement for manufacturing techniques
• 3D development includes bespoke cabins/sheds, CGI & animations
• 2D instructional developments for customers, technical drawings & website development.
• 3D skills using V-Ray texture mapping & realistic lighting techniques using 3D Studio Max. Also the use of Solidworks & Adobe suite.
Freelance Industrial Designer
Working freelance for several companies and clients. One client included Wilkinson's Ltd. This included product development, 3D rendering and visuals, sketching development, idea creation and research
Blue Sky Designs Ltd - Product Designer
• New product development, general art work for clients.
• Producing 3D visuals for clients, packaging marking and branding for novel toys and gadgets.
• Developed technical drawings for china on new products.
• Self improvement using 3D studio Max, Solidworks, sketching, rendering and Photoshop
3D Visual, Rendering & Animation
Technical & Manufacture